10/14/2008

Back Yard Burial


I’m not a lawyer, doctor, politician or funeral director. I am just an average guy. My family and I created a home funeral and burial option right on our family 6 acre farm in Central Texas near Austin.

It was easy, simple, cost effective when compared to more traditional burials, and became a bonding experience for my family. In my opinion, it also serves a greater purpose of bringing the power to the people and undercutting the big business funeral, cemetery and burial industries.

There was no guide, but I found lots of warm people with helpful advice along the way. My goal with this blog is to integrate the advice and valuable resources, along with my family story so you have an understanding of the process and actions that served us best.

Keep in mind though, I am not recommending anything to you. I am simply telling you what I did. You should have legal and financial counsel before you act. If something goes wrong, I and my family assume no responsibility for your actions or intentions. (Sorry for that disclaimer!)

I encourage you to add comments and resources if they come to you. I have enabled your comments on each passage below. I will review them only to ensure they fit the tone and intent of this resource. Please help by sharing your insights, ideas and links.

So, if do-it-yourself is your style, you are in for an adventure. Welcome and read on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man---

Agnes M. Butland